How to ApplyOur application process always begins with a Letter of Inquiry (LOI). The process is the same for past grantees and new grant seekers.
The LOI provides us with detailed information about your organization, program, and overall alignment with our goals. We may grant from this letter or request a proposal for further review.
Please review these LOI instructions carefully to ensure that your submission includes all required information.
- Summarize your project.
- Tell us about the opportunity or problem to be addressed.
- Remember, you must be a 501(c)(3) to apply. Please provide your Federal Tax ID Number and a brief description of your organization.
- Convince us that your organization can implement and sustain the project.
- Tell us how the project, if implemented, will benefit the community.
- Include contact information and designate a lead contact person.
- Please limit your letter to no more than three pages.
Letters must be sent via regular mail. LOIs submitted via email will not be reviewed.
Letters should be addressed to:
Jeffrey A. Woodworth
Woodworth Family Foundation
3110 Ruston Way, Suite D
Tacoma, Washington 98402
There are no deadlines for LOIs. We respond to all LOIs within 30 days.
We will contact you if you have been selected to submit a proposal. At this point, we will share specific proposal guidelines, provide a list of required documents, and assign a due date for submission. Please note that it can take an additional 2 to 3 months to bring proposal recommendations to our Board of Directors.
Learn more about our process >